Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Vision of Students Today

The video, "A Vision of Students Today" was really shocking to me. It makes a few important points,but mainly it shows you that technology isn't always good in a learning environment, and a students won't always get the individual attention he or she needs to learn. I was surprised when one of the sign- holders sign said "my average class size is 115". What I don't get is if you pay for education, why shouldn't you be able to get more individual attention? Also, it talked about how most of what you learn won't even benefit you. What is the point of paying for required courses that don't even give you the tools that you need for what you want to achieve? Another striking thing in this video is how the students rely so much on technology. If you could be studying in the time that you were looking at 2300 web pages, you could do exceptionally well in your college classes. This video really made me think that education these days need to be somehow reformed, and It concerns me for when I will be in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment